Friday, October 5, 2012

Bats for Lashes

The super-insightful Laura Sterritt who writes Transchordian a blog on music and multi-platform executions, interactivity and the way musicians are exploring interdiciplinary forms shared this interesting interview with Bats for Lashes:
"The way a lot of women are portrayed in the media is quite sexual and for the male gaze. For me, this is more about representing more of a multidimensional image that in it I could be powerful and strong, I could be quite vulnerable or quite sad or quite sexual or quite sensual or rescuing someone or [being] fed up with someone or having to carry someone. I feel like there's a lot of different aspects to me as a woman and I didn't want to just put forward a really one-dimensional thing that I think you get a lot of in the media."

No comments:

Post a Comment